Welcome to "A Reflection...".

Welcome to "A Reflection in the Mirror". This is my place to share with you some of my reflections on life, politics, religion and just the general condition of life on this planet. During my lifetime I have learned a lot and, perhaps, forgotten as much. I have formed opinions, most from experience. Sometimes I will probably rant...better than kicking the cat! You may not always agree with me, which is fine. All I ask is that you treat this space, me and others with respect. I encourage discussion and different ideas, so, please make use of the chatter-box and comment section. Enjoy your visit and come back soon. You never know what you may find.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Reflection on Live & Let Live

My personal philosophy is one of “live & let live” as long as one does no harm to another.  I don’t care what another person’s religious affiliation may be, what their political bent is or what their personal life style is, any more than I care what their favorite book, food or movie is. Variety is what keeps life interesting.  So anything I may write here is my personal opinion, preference or thoughts and are not meant to offend anyone.

I am constantly “bemused” by the world today and the preoccupation with changing anyone or anything that might be considered different.  I am a bit of a news junkie and, even though I tell myself I am going to stop watching, reading and listening to what passes as “news” today, I find myself right back at the trough drinking my fill.

I come away wondering what in the world is going on.  How can people kill other people because their religious beliefs differ?  How can people kill others because they feel “left out”?  How can one hate another because their lifestyle is different?

All of my life I have had friends of different races, religions, lifestyles and educational levels.  I have learned something from all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment